4.01.2008

Fasting, again.

I did a fast about 6 months ago after I dealt with a life-changing event, and it was really great. A fast is not starving yourself, it's not keeping food away to lose weight, but instead, it's a chance to start over, cleanse your system, and reload.

I felt really good after the first one. Back story being, I'm trying, for the past 4 months or so, to rid my diet of dairy and eggs. I've been a vegetarian for a few years (best decision ever), but I'm ready to take it further and go vegan. Anyway, I did the fast as a causeway in to this new diet, and for the first few weeks, it worked. But, I have not stuck to the diet as I wish I would have.

I'm doing it again, because I'm really unhappy with my inability to completely stick to it. Also, my stress level and my mental health is just not at a good place. Starting over is what I need.

Anyway, I'm at the end of my first day of fasting, and it's much easier this time. Last time, I think I psyched myself out and was totally consumed by the cravings I had, and those cravings were strange. I have them today, too...all day, I wanted to have a hot dog. I haven't had a hot dog in years. But, I haven't felt the physical pain. I did a full cardio workout after work and I feel really clear and energized. I hope this continues for the next three days.

1 people's thoughts:

Justin_Michael April 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

What does it take to fast? How do you fight cravings? That is serious commitment. I need a sandwich an hour after I eat a pizza, it's craziness! Good luck.

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP