5.24.2009

Music and Fog

A month or so ago, I agreed to shoot some promotional photos for Wee the Band, who are a fun and sultry vocal pop band from San Francisco. Now, when I heard their music, I thought of a dark bar with a red glow; but their time constraints allowed only for a quick outdoors location. We settled on Treasure Island, which has a magnificent view of the city - but of course, it's been foggy and cold here (San Francisco in the summer!) so the plan was modified somewhat.

Beginner's tip #3289237 - a band with six members is not as easy to shoot as a band with 3.
Especially when said band is freezing.

I really enjoyed meeting Wee the Band and had a great time getting their shots. I think they're fine, but I look forward to doing an indoor shoot sometime soon!

Wee The Band

Wee The Band

Wee The Band

Wee The Band

Wee The Band

Wee The Band

2 people's thoughts:

Carys May 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

These are so beautiful! They really show the individual personalities of the singers. Not that I know what those are, but I love that the people aren't upstaged by the scenery, and how the colors of their clothing, hair, and skin are so bold against the fog. It's vibrant and colorful without being 'Punky Brewster-ish'.


It just occurred to me that you may actually be too young to even know who Punky Brewster is. Oy.

Anonymous,  May 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM  

Have I told you lately that you take amazing pictures? No? Well, here you go. ;)

In the unlikely and very hypothetical case I should ever get married you are DEFINITELY the only person i would want to take the pictures. If you ever need a model, just let me know. :)

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP