5.07.2009

April Showers bring May

For the five of you who read the blog, sorry I haven't updated much. Ya'll know I'm doing something or another and well, blogging ends up at the bottom of the to-do list.

Aside from that, I'm over the top obsessed with microblogging via twitter,(and YES, I WAS THERE BEFORE OPRAH!) so if you follow me there, you'll get more Nissa in real time than you ever needed.

When I logged in to blogger this evening I noticed that the mobile blogging has gone out of beta and is now available for all carriers, so I'm going to try updating from my Blackberry to see how that works. Might be a fun alternative to web blogging! I see you can also upload pictures to the blog.

Last Friday, I put up an exhibit of 4 photos at the pet store. We had a small opening reception, which was fun. I have since sold two out of the four, and hope to sell one more (one is of Margot, and I don't intend to sell it, but have gotten the most complements on that one). It was a bit nerve wracking leading up to the exhibit. Something new I haven't done before. But, it turned out fine in the end, and now I'm prepared to do it again.

I'm traveling to Wisconsin this weekend to photograph the wedding of a family friend. I am very excited, not only for the wedding, but for a weekend back home. I will be spending Friday with my wonderful friend Sara, who also met me in Vegas last October for a fun getaway. Sunday, Mother's Day, my Dad is having a little cookout party. The weather looks to be in the late 60s - 70s, with a chance of some rain. I would LOVE to see a thunderstorm, but it doesn't look promising. Here's hoping the weather will stick it out for the wedding.

There's a lot of hot topics i'd like to write about but sitting down to formulate my opinion in sentences seems like a stretch right now. Maybe while I'm on the plane.

Anything on your mind? Leave me a comment.

1 people's thoughts:

Anonymous,  May 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I am so happy to hear about your small exhibit and about selling your pieces!!! That is awesome!!!
You are so very talented and one of the very few actual artists I know so I just really want you to succeed and see your art be appreciated by others. :)

Can't wait for the summer Cali trip!!! :)

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP