11.28.2008

WTF?

Seriously?

I know that other people will blog about this, and there will be detailed discussion on the whos and whys and whats of it, but REALLY?

Black Friday is the poster child for what is wrong with our priorities in this county.

I understand the deals. I get that the sales are great. I even know that some people love the hunt, the game of going out at 4 am to stand in line for $5 DVDs at Best Buy. I do. But why have we gotten to the point where people die? Why are people so desperate for junk? Why?

If these people put half of that energy in to raising their children and contributing to society, we wouldn't be in the social economic crisis we're in now.

I'm really sad and frustrated today.

1 people's thoughts:

X November 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

A wal-mart employee in NY got trampled to death today when customers broke down the door to get to the sales early. Uh huh.

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP