9.21.2008

Home Made Beads



I've become obsessed with making jewelry. For the past month or so, I started just buying tons of cool beads from Michael's and Joann Fabrics, along with beading wire, crimps, and a adding some found pieces to create. Now, I'm using little glass pieces and small photos or art pieces and sculpey clay to create more unique necklaces and bracelets. I'm basically varnishing the photos to the back of the glass pieces and cooking it in the sculpey clay, using a little bead making tray I got.

Today, I started making my own round beads. I bought a bunch of different colors of sculpey, and cooked it in to round beads. Then, I painted a lighter or brighter color over the beads, and when it dried, I "antiqued" it using a clay tool. Once antiqued, I applied a crackle glaze to complete.

I'm actually enjoying the new beads, and plan on eventually phasing out store-bought ones.

2 people's thoughts:

X September 21, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

I want to buy a necklace!!! Let me know if you list on etsy... I can't bring myself to go back to making those pendants... The idea makes me nauseated, actually. I think I will forever associate the decoupage glue with morning sickness now :(

Unknown September 22, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Sweet, another bead addict is born. :)

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP