1.23.2010

Come Back Soon, Conan

And all I ask is one thing...and this is...I'm asking this particularly of young people that watch...please do not be cynical.
I hate cynicism. For the record, it's my least favorite quality.
It doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get.
But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you. Amazing things will happen. I'm telling you.
It's just true.

-Conan O'Brien, during his final Tonight Show on January 22, 2010

And, quite possibly the only time in my life, past, present and future that I've laughed heartily at Will Ferrel:



Conan was never the comedian for everybody. He never will be. He is, however, the guy for me, and so many of my friends. I was so happy to see him take over the Tonight Show this Summer, but something always seemed off to me. Conan will always be crude, self-deprecating, and the sort of crazy that doesn't always appease the people who watched Jay Leno. I feel like he watered himself down these past 7 months, and he (and we) will be much happier on another network, where he's appreciated for what he is and how he does it.

His final speech last night solidified him in my mind as one of the most grounded and admirable people in show business. Thanks, Conan, for making me laugh like hell for the past week, and sending me off with a teary eye.

Come back soon!

4 people's thoughts:

Ashley January 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

Agreed 100%.

Very excited about the likelihood of him going to FOX. :)

HMiracle January 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Um, b-e-a-utiful blog! Have i ever told you I'm obsessed with/extremely jealous of photographers? Lol

About Conan, I'd never watched the late-night shows but after hearing all his quotes over the past few weeks, I feel like i really missed out on something. :(

bianca January 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

How amazing was his farewell speech? I absolutely loved it.

Also, I looked at a few of your photos - they're beautiful!

Anonymous,  February 15, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

I completely agree with you. I am in love with Mr O'Brien. I can't wait to see what he is planning to do, but I think that he was very classy in his final speech and he deserves to take that money and some time off from showbiz. We will all be here when he is ready to come back!

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP