2.07.2009

In Print.

I received this from my sister in law today, as she'd promised she'd send it. I created the header for Lemmondrops, and this fantastic print piece for the St. Paul Pioneer Press by Molly Milliet has a screenshot of the blog including header. I read the story again and all of the sadness rushed back in to my blood. That photo - of her and Steve in that moment - is everything without words.

It's always been difficult for me to explain - to those who weren't a part of her blogging life- this situation and how it affects me. But today, as I work through the most difficult time in my lifetime, I hope to pull from her amazing, amazing ability to take nothing for granted, and cherish the joy in life, even when very, very small. I need that so very much right now.

After

Things like this.


Sometimes my desire to live, to hold onto this world, hits me full force, like it did this morning when I was driving across the Mississippi River with Daniel on the way to the mall, and the chilly air winked with sunshine, and K.D. Lang's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was playing on the CD player, and I turned around to see how Daniel was liking the song, and we held each others' gaze just long enough until I needed to watch the road again, and tears came to my eyes because I love this life, this music, this autumn, my family, so much.

1 people's thoughts:

LutherLiz February 9, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Didn't expect to delurk today but i didn't expect to see Emilie either. I miss her. Thanks for the reminder of her words and spirit.

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP