7.07.2008

Exahustion = No Blogging, but Good Pics

So I've been absent from the blog world for a bit. Can't blame me though - it's been visit after visit around here and lots of working in between. Not to say that it hasn't been fun - it has, but I'm exhausted.

My Dad and stepmom just left on Saturday after a week-long visit in which we drove around California seeing some nature and other things in the wild. It's always nice to do some car-tripping. Also nice to see family and know that we're not going to have to drive to someone else's house the next day.

I sometimes forget about how cool stuff is around here until someone visits and asks to see it all. We visited Point Reyes, which is a great little lighthouse/coastal place a bit north of Stinson Beach. It was literally amazing. Similar to the Lost Coast when we were there, there's something about how incredibly desolate certain areas are compared to the constant people, roads and industry of the city and surroundings. It feels so far removed from all of that, yet it's so close.

We also did the 4th of July at the Berkeley Marina which was pretty neat. It's your basic Americana celebration dotted with puppies, flea markets, and babies wearing red, white and blue. My stepmom and I got some very pretty sterling silver jewelery from a vendor who made charms. I had some kettle corn made fresh, my Dad had a corn dog, and my Stepmom had an ear of sweetcorn. We made out pretty well. We left the Berkeley celebration before the fireworks simply to avoid traffic, but headed back to the apartment where we co-opted the vacant upstairs apartment's balcony deck to watch the fireworks from Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, and Marin County. It was a nice way to finish off a long week.

I took a lot of photos and got a few good ones for my portfolio.

0 people's thoughts:

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP