11.20.2009

Updates

Hmm, well, it's been awhile since I posted, so I'll make this sort of an updates posts for anyone out there who has been wondering what I'm doing while not blogging.

My friend Sara came to visit. She's one of my oldest and dearest friends. We had a great time seeing the sites and catching up. There's a lot of things I could say about our visit, but I haven't really been able to create the words on how I'd begin to describe it. There are people in the world, and from what I can see, very few people, who really "get" you, to the point where you can kind of do things and just exist and know that the person you're with is enjoying them the same way. She's one of those people.

Woah.

Sara learning how cold the Pacific is, while walking the beach in the Marin Headlands

Sara and the Redwoods
Visiting the Muir Forest, where there's quite a few ancient Coastal Redwoods

_MG_0433
Hanging out at sunset at Ledson, one of my favorite Sonoma wineries.



grapes
Sara stole these from a vine along the road!

--------------------
David and I had been apartment hunting for about the past month. I love moving, but I hate trying to find the right place. They always look better and bigger on Craigslist. We saw some real trash, and a couple of OK places - but overall, the apartment we have now is a great deal, and we're going to stay here. There are other developments on this front but I am not going to discuss them in detail now, because I don't want to jinx anything. I will update soon.

--------------------
I have been busy with photo work and design work. I will share some photo slideshows soon, but for now I have been busy working on my 2010 lookbook, and branding materials for my photography business. The lookbook is a price list and portfolio of my work that will be getting printed and bound. I hope to share it with all of you at some point, as I'm very proud of it.

I'm sort of in a corner at this point because about half of my gear is broken. My backup camera and my flash need repair (thankfully if I hold it while I'm shooting, it works, sometimes) , and my portrait lens was destroyed in a tragic incident. None of these things can I right now afford to fix/replace. So, send me positive wishes of getting some good work so that I might be viable to run the business with the gear I need.

------------------
The Drummer and I are going to visit his family in Minneapolis for Thanksgiving. I am sad to not be going home for Christmas, but it should be fun to travel for a different holiday.

1 people's thoughts:

Carys November 21, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

I love all of the photos, but especially the one of the ocean. It reminds me of the first time I set my foot in the water at Ocean Beach.

I hope next time Sarah visits I can meet her. I'm glad you two had a good time :D

Curious Robin

My Blog Readers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP